KYRGIAKOS EXPLAINS LIVERPOOL MOVE

Thursday, August 20, 2009



KYRGIAKOS EXPLAINS LIVERPOOL MOVE

Sotiris Kyrgiakos admits he is turning his back on AEK Athens to join Liverpool because it is the "biggest challenge of his career".

The Reds have agreed a deal for the Greece international which is believed to be worth £1.5million and, despite the defender previously announcing that his long-term future was at AEK, he has now explained his reasons for joining the Anfield outfit.

"Last week I said I was an AEK player for the next four years and meant that," he said on his official website.

"But then I received the biggest challenge of my career.

"I fully understand it came at the worst possible moment for the team, but the fact that I had the chance to play for Liverpool is a huge challenge."

0 comments: